The VIP area will give ticket holders a premium viewing area of the main stage, allowing them to watch the headliners whilst enjoying a premium selection of food and drinks. The facilities in the VIP area, such as the toilets, will also be of the highest standard, with exclusive entertainment offered in this area between main stage acts.
Carnival Fifty-Six is an outdoor event in a park, this can pose some mobility problems, particularly in bad weather conditions. If it rains it will get muddy in places and access round the site may be very difficult. Electric wheelchairs can tackle most areas without too much trouble but the ground can be uneven and is predominantly on grass.
We do not offer any internal transport due to the limitations of moving around the site.
There are 5 stages and performance areas. The mainstage is 500 metres from the entrance, Stage 2 is 180 metres from the entrance, and Stage 3 is 400 metres from the entrance.
2 For 1 – One Free Disability Access Personal Assistant Pass
Customers requiring assistance throughout the festival are entitled to one free pass for their Personal Assistant/Support worker. Please note that the individual with a disability must have a ticket, which will be sent out in the post.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have applied in advance for a Personal Assistant Pass by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require proof of disability, and the name and address of the PA/carer. We require proof of disability to ensure people do not fraudulently obtain one. Proof can include a doctors note, DLA award, Blue Badges, and other forms of proof given for certain types of disabilities. Tickets for the PA/carer can be collected at the box office on the day of the festival.
The Disability Access Pass
The ONE FREE pass will be collected at Carnival Fifty-Six when you present your matching ID and are with your personal assistant at the Box Office upon arrival. This will not be sent to you in advance, and we will not issue any Personal Assistant passes without matching ID, so please remember to bring this with you to avoid disappointment! Personal Assistants will also be able to access the viewing platform if there is space available at the time. You must collect this at the box office at the main entrance.
All customers who receive a 2 for 1 Personal Assistant Pass can access the Viewing Platform along with their Personal Assistant, subject to availability for each performance. You will receive a wristband for this when you collect your Personal Assistant pass.
There are viewing platforms at the Main Stage and at Stage 2.
Disability onsite provision
- Accessible Car Park will be situated within 300m of the Main Entrance
- Accessible public transport shuttle buses to and from Camperdown Park
- Hearing Loop in the Box Office
- Dedicated Accessible Lane at the Main Entrance
- Accessible viewing platform at the Main Stage and Stage 2 (for accessible customer + 1 PA)
- Accessible Toilets at the platforms and at each sanitation block
- Access for assistance dogs – water and toileting area provided
- Large Print Info Maps available from Welfare
- Medical Fridge on site to store essential medication
Accessible toilets are located at the Medical tent, the viewing platforms and all the sanitation blocks, and in the VIP area. All accessible toilets will be strictly for the sole use of customers with disabilities.
Medical and Welfare Provisions
If you have any medication that needs to be kept cool, we have fridges available for you to use in the medical tent. We recommend you take your medication directly to the medical tent when you arrive on site.
The medical tent is located next to the welfare tent, next to the Main Stage.
If you have any other questions regarding medical and welfare provisions, please contact us directly.
If you would like to bring an Assistance Dog to the festival, please contact us directly first. We will request evidence for you to do so (this will usually be either be the Dogs’ ID book or evidence of the dog’s training as an Assistance Dog from an ADUK certified organisation).
There is a car park on site for those with disabled tickets, or those requiring easy access to the festival. If you wish to access this car park over the festival weekend, please email email@example.com and we will send you a form.
Carnvial Fifty Six is a festival open to people aged 12+. 12-17 year olds must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 26 years old at all times.
We advise everyone who attend the festival to bring proof of age with them, including 12-17 year olds. 12-17 year olds can use Young Scot Cards as proof of age. Young Scot cards are free, and can be applied for here: http://young.scot.
We will be operating the challenge 25 procedure at all bars, if you are lucky enough to be asked for proof of ID, then we advise you to have an in date official drivers license or passport available to show staff.
Getting to Carnival Fifty-Six
There is no car parking available at the event site (except for pre-booked blue badge holders).
Parking restrictions will be in place on the roads surrounding the event and enforced by the Police & Stewards, so if driving please use do not park in the residential areas around the park. Shuttle Buses are running from the city centre to the park and back and are running from 10am to 1:30am. Please see the travel page for more information about the shuttle service. Greenmarket and Bell street car parks are nearest to the pick up shuttle points.
Taxis, Drop-Offs & Pick-Ups
There’s a designated taxi rank at Camperdown Park for the event. This will for both Hackney Carriage Taxis and drop offs/collections by pre-booked private hire taxis.
Any drop-offs or pick-ups by family or friends should be arranged at the designated Pick-Up / Drop Off location to the rear of Cineworld. No access to private cars will be allowed into Camperdown Park.
The nearest train station to Carnival Fifty-Six is Dundee, managed by Scot Rail. For timetables visit
City Centre Shuttle
We are working with Xplore Dundee to put on a dedicated event Shuttle Bus from Greenmarket or Ward Road in the City Centre direct to the site. Visit http://nxbus.co.uk/dundee/. Tickets can be purchased in advance or on the day.
The Shuttle Bus service will run continuously from 10am to 1:30am both days. Please see the travel page for more information about the shuttle bus.
Regular bus/coach services will be available to and from the areas surrounding the City of Dundee.
Please visit http://nxbus.co.uk/dundee/ or https://www.stagecoachbus.com/plan-a- journey for timetables and journey planners.
For inter-city travel then check out the National Express coach packages. Visit http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx.
There is strictly no camping at Carnival Fifty-Six, or on Camperdown Park so please book your accommodation in advance if you plan to enjoy the whole weekend with us, or even just a night.
Booking in advance is highly recommended. http://www.dundee.com/visit-dundee/stay.html
We have a partnership with three of the cities biggest hotels; The Apex, The Hilton Hampton and The Hilton Double Tree. The Apex are currently offering a 15% discount to those who book over the festival weekend with the code CARNIVAL56 or click here.
Key Timings Sat & Sun
Box office open at 11.00am, Gates open at 12:00pm
No entry into the site after 9pm. No exceptions
There will be no music after 11pm. Bars and food will close at 10:45pm and the site will close shortly after so please leave when asked to do so to help us clear the site and minimise disruption to our neighbours.
PLEASE NOTE: allow plenty of time for arrival and onward journeys as it is a City Centre location and there will be many of us trying to get away from the site at a similar time. There will be after-parties at Dundee University Students Association in Dundee (tickets information coming soon) if you want to carry on enjoying yourself!
Getting in to Carnival Fifty-Six
There may be some queuing to get in, but you can help us to get you into the event more quickly by having your ticket and ID ready before you get to the gate, and by not bringing any prohibited items.
There will be one main entrance into Carnival Fifty-Six which can be accessed Shuttle Bus Drop off at Liff Road and Camperdown Gate. Please do not attempt to enter by any other route as you will be asked to use one of these entrances.
Barcoded Security Tickets & E-Tickets
Tickets feature a barcode that is unique to each ticket. This barcode will be scanned on entry to the festival to ensure you have a genuine ticket. Each barcode will only allow entry for one person.
Please do not buy tickets from unauthorized outlets, as these tickets are liable to be fakes with duplicated barcodes that will not gain you entry to the event. Also avoid posting pictures of your tickets on social media as the barcodes can be copied.
Please Keep Carnival Fifty-Six and Camperdown Park Tidy
Pick up your waste and bin it - Please respect the beautiful land you are staying on and help us keep Camperdown Park and the surrounding area clean and tidy all weekend long by throwing your rubbish into the bins provided. Please do your bit!
Security & Safety
Keep Yourself & Your Belongings Safe
Carnival Fifty Six is a very safe place to be, but the following standard festival advice is worth taking in nonetheless… better safe than sorry!
We will have a welfare area at Carnival Fifty-Six in case you need some respite and there will also be an official meeting point too. Be aware of your surroundings; remember that you are safer in a group
Look after your belongings – make sure you keep your mobile and wallet/purse safe and out of sight
Cashpoints will be available on site
Don’t leave your drink unattended – even soft drinks can be spiked. Remember, alcohol or drugs can affect your ability to make safe judgments. Drink in moderation to ensure you remain alert and aware of your surroundings.
If you see anything that concerns you or if you see anyone acting suspiciously please speak to the nearest police officer, security or steward – help us make the event a safe and pleasant place to be.
We recommend activating the ‘find my phone’ app or similar on your smart phone before coming to the festival.
Drugs & Psychoactive Substances
There is a zero-tolerance approach to Drugs at Carnival Fifty-Six. Police Scotland and Security will be undertaking searches on entry to the event. Don’t spoil your day by taking a chance.
No person under 18 can purchase or consume alcohol. The event will be Challenge 25 and the Police and Security will actively challenge people.
Please drink responsibly – www.drinkaware.co.uk
We would like to advise all customers that flicker, laser, strobe and other lighting effects may be in use at the festival site.
We recognise that some, particularly those with specific learning difficulties may need to find a space to step away from the crowds and noise. We do our best to provide this but it is difficult in a festival environment.
If you have any further questions that are not answered in this information, please contact us on the following email – firstname.lastname@example.org
All this information and more is also available on our website
Ticket Terms & Conditions
Below sets out the terms and conditions (“Terms”) that shall apply to your entry to (“Entry”) including any purchase of tickets (“Tickets”) sold by or on behalf of Jigsaw Events & Management Ltd (“we”, “us” or “JEM Concerts”) for Carnival Fifty-Six taking place at Camperdown Park, Dundee (the “Site”) on 12 th or 13 th August 2017 as specified on your Tickets (the “Event”).
Please note that by entering the Event and purchasing any Tickets, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the regulations of Camperdown Park. The Terms are as follows:
1. You must produce a valid Ticket to gain entry to the Event.
2. Right of admission is reserved. Tickets are not transferable. Any unlawful reselling (or attempting to do so) is prohibited and may result in the cancellation of the Ticket without any refund or compensation and/or the ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the Site. There are to be no re-admissions after Entry.
3. Tickets may not be used for any advertising, competitions, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or used, sold or given away in conjunction with other products or services (such as part of a travel or hospitality package) without the express written permission of JEM Concerts in advance. Failure to comply with the foregoing may result in the cancellation of the Ticket without any refund or compensation and/or the ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the Site.
4. When purchasing Tickets you are limited to a specified number of Tickets to the Event. This amount is included on the purchase pages and is verified with every transaction. This policy is in effect to discourage unfair ticket buying practices.
5. It is your responsibility to check your Ticket(s) and to ascertain the date and the time of the Event.
6. We are not responsible or liable for any Tickets that are lost or stolen.
7. Removing the Ticket stub will invalidate the Ticket.
8. In respect of any wristband accreditations, the wristband must remain on the ticket holder’s wrist for the full duration of the Event. Wristbands removed from the wrist or tampered with will be rendered invalid and will not be replaced. Lost or missing wristbands will not be replaced. It is your responsibility to take care of your wristband. Those without wristbands will be refused admission to the Site or may be removed from the Site.
9. For security purposes, all tickets and wristbands remain the property of JEM Concerts at all times.
10. JEM Concerts has the right to replace any items bundled together with Tickets, e.g. food and beverage (“Hospitality Packages”) with an alternative ‘like for like’ item and shall not be obligated to refund or exchange your Hospitality Package.
11. No child under the age of 12 will be admitted to the Event. We advise everyone who attends the festival to bring proof of age with them, including 12-17 year olds. 12-17 year olds can use Young Scot Cards as proof of age. Young Scot cards are free, and can applied for at: http://young.scot.
12. No child under the age of 18 will be admitted to the Event unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 26 years or over at all times. Proof of age may be requested upon Entry. A maximum of 3 children per adult over 26 years applies. It is your responsibility to check the suitability of the Event for any children in your party, this includes the type audience the Event is likely to attract and whether such an audience is a suitable environment for children in your party.
13. Climbing or standing upon fences, barriers, trees, shrubbery, walls, safety fences, rock arrangements, ride structures, exhibits or buildings is strictly prohibited.
14. Bicycles, skateboards, scooters or personal motorised vehicles are not permitted.
15. The Event is an outdoor event. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing. No refunds will be given due to inclement weather.
16. The artist, performer line-up, all billed attractions at the Event and Site layout may be subject to change at any time without notice. All advertised performance times are also subject to change without notice. Your purchase of Tickets (or Hospitality
Package if applicable) is subject to our right to alter or vary the programme (including the layout of the Site) due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control and in such circumstances, we shall not be obligated to refund Ticket monies or exchange your Ticket(s). Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the Event is cancelled (see details below).
17. If the Event is cancelled, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as reasonably possible. If the Event is cancelled, we shall give you a refund of the face value of the Ticket (or Hospitality Package if applicable). If the Event is only partially cancelled (e.g. only one day is cancelled), we shall give you a partial refund corresponding to the proportion of the Event cancelled. If you wish to claim such a refund, please apply in writing to your point of purchase, enclosing your unused Ticket(s), within 28 days of the date of the cancelled Event (though please note that this is without prejudice to your statutory rights). Tickets including Hospitality Packages cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase other than in accordance with this clause.
18. Neither we nor any other party shall have any liability to you beyond the face value of the Ticket.
19. The following restrictions will apply to your attendance at the Event and your breach of any of these may lead to you being refused entry or ejected from the Event (please note that we are not responsible for any prohibited items or other items that we deem inappropriate or unsafe that are confiscated):
-Bags larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm;
-Crowd surfing and moshing are prohibited;
-No food or drink (except personal supplies of water in plastic sealed containers of up to 500ml and baby food where not in glass containers) or illegal substances including new psychoactive substances (commonly known as ‘legal highs’) and/or other drugs considered to be unsafe are permitted to be brought into the Event;
-Animals, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted in the Event;
-Personalized motorised vehicles, except where required due to a disability, are not permitted at the Event
-Starting fires, involvement in or throwing items into a fire is strictly forbidden;
-Air horns, selfie sticks, bicycles, cans, Chinese lanterns, dangerous or hazardous weapons/items, fireworks, flags, gas canisters, hand held communication devices such as radios, radio jammers/scanners and the like; glass (of any kind), high-viz, klaxons; and other similar items capable of making loud noise, laser pens, scooters, skateboards or cans, spray cans are prohibited and any other items which we consider to be unsafe or pose a risk to public safety and/or security;
-Inappropriate signs or branded items;
-golf umbrellas, parasols and the like, tables, chairs, seats and walking stick seats/seat sticks are not permitted.
-Camera with detachable lenses, or cameras to be used in a professional capacity.
20. Unauthorised professional photography or filming equipment is strictly prohibited.
21. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, JEM Concerts and the Site reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit, to confiscate items (including those set out at condition 19 above) which may cause danger or disruption to the Event with no refunds.
22. Strictly no trading or other commercial activity by any ticket holder will be allowed on the Site without JEM Concerts’ prior written consent. Please note JEM Concerts will charge a fee for any commercial activity (including filming, photography and recording) on the Site.
23. Admission is at the customers’ own risk. JEM Concerts and its affiliates will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles, if the cause is due to the negligence of the ticket holder or the actions of other patrons or third parties.
24. Ticket holders may be ejected from the Event and reported to the Police if, in the reasonable opinion of JEM Concerts, the Ticket holder is a risk to the safety of any patron and/or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the event or may cause damage, nuisance or injury. Examples include being (or appearing to be) drunk, incapable, intoxicated or under the influence of illegal drugs, under-age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched, failure to comply with the reasonable instructions of Event officials or in breach of any of these Terms.
25. Please note that CCTV and film cameras may be present at the Event. By entering the Event and/or purchasing Tickets, ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording (which may include you as a member of the audience) and its use in distribution (commercial or otherwise) without any payment.
26. It is against the law to smoke in enclosed spaces at the Event, this includes tented structures. Please observe the signage around the Site.
27. Any Tickets brought from unauthorised agents or third parties are not valid and admission to the Event will not be permitted.
28. JEM Concerts will not accept responsibility for any personal property.
29. In case of emergency please follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials.
30. Please note that loud music can damage hearing.
31. Strobe lighting may be in use during the Event.
32. When purchasing alcohol at the Event, you may be asked for proof of age. Challenge 25 is in operation.
33. Official merchandise is only available from outlets within the Event. Please be aware of unofficial traders offering inferior goods.
34. Please note that we have the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time and post the new version of such Terms on the website. By continuing to use the website, you signify your agreement to be bound by the amended Terms.
35. These Terms shall be governed by Scottish Law and we both agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.